April 27, 2017
120 S Last Chance Gulch
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
April 24, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Large Meeting Room
Join the Helena Ukulele Club for jam sessions in the Lewis & Clark Library Large Meeting Room once a month on the last Monday of each month. Come meet and play music with fellow ukulele players in Helena, Montana! Music is provided and participants are encouraged to lead songs or sessions if they choose. All participants need to bring their own ukulele. This program is free and open to the public 12+ years old.
April 25, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Large Meeting Room
Open to all ages! Drop in anytime between 6-8 PM on the fourth Tuesday of the month. We have a LOT of board games! You are welcome to bring your own, too.
April 30, 2017, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM @ Large Meeting Room
Come to the Library and take part in an old-time tradition that’s full of charm and meaning. A letter or card sent through the mail provides a special and personal way to connect with others, and is a tangible testament to how much the recipient means to you. On Sunday, April 30 from 1-3 PM we'll share the cards and letters received! Light refreshments will be provided.
April 25, 2017, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM @ Upstairs - Ambrose Reading Room
Celebrate National Poetry Month! The readers for our 9th Community Leaders Poetry Reading are:
• Terry Olcott Cohea – Board Member, Lewis & Clark Library Foundation
• Christian Frazza, Director, Corrette Library, Carroll College
• Emily Free Wilson – Ceramic artist and co-owner Free Ceramics
• Mary Hollow – Executive Director, Prickly Pear Land Trust
• Captain Rob Lawler, Salvation Army
• Aine Lawlor – Student Representative, Helena School Board
• Jim McCormick – County Commissioner
• Rick Newby – Poet, critic and independent scholar
• Virginia Reeves – Writing Teacher and Author
• Ella Smith – Community Organizer, Sleeping Giant Citizens Council
• Sanjay Talwani – Helena School Board of Trustees
• Corrie Williamson – Poet and Outreach Director, AERO
• Delaney Knudson – Teen Advisory Group, Lewis & Clark Library
• Emma Brandt - Teen Advisory Group, Lewis & Clark Library
The Foundation will also host a reception featuring fancy desserts from the Helena High Culinary
April 26, 2017, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Mezzanine Meeting Room
April 27, 2017, 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM @ Large Meeting Room
Poets in grades 6-12 are invited to bring three original poems less than three minutes in length and compete in this supportive competition. Poets should arrive and register between 6:30 and 6:50; event starts at 7 pm. Don't want to perform your poetry? Be a judge! Judges are selected from the audience. For more information, please call 447-1690 x 132.